Originator Census Survey
Understand and Measure Key Attributes of Your Sales Force
For every mortgage banker, the value of the company is driven by the quality and depth of the salesforce. More than anything else, a high performing salesforce will improve the franchise value of your company.
Because top performing originators are critical to sustain growth and build value, understanding and measuring the key attributes of your salesforce in comparison to the market is essential to attracting and retaining high-performing sales people for your team.
STRATMOR’s Originator Census Survey provides the data needed for measuring originator performance. We gather data from across the industry and then report the details on five key metrics:
- Production Distribution by LO Quintile – Consistent with conventional wisdom, do 20 percent of your Originators close 80 percent of your volume? Is it more like 30/70? How do you compare with peers?
- Productivity by LO Production Quintile – What is the average productivity of your top quintile of producers versus peers? What about the bottom quintile?
- Originator Age by Production Quintile – What is the average age of your originators overall? Are your top producers older or younger than the average
- LO Turnover by Production Quintile – What is your Originator turnover overall? Is your turnover limited to those at the bottom? Like many lenders do you keep the core group of producers?
- LO Tenure by Production Quintile –Are your veterans out-producing the less experienced originators? How does your average tenure compare with peer group averages?
STRATMOR compiles the data, analyzes the results and prepares individualized reports for each participating client that benchmarks their performance against other survey participants.
PARTICIPATE IN THE ORIGINATOR CENSUS SURVEY
Participants will receive a comprehensive report detailing your responses versus the survey averages as well as segmented analysis. To register for the next survey session, contact the Originator Census team.